Thursday, May 16, 2013

And The Green Grass Grows All Around


I'm pleased to say that I've discovered something wonderful!

Well . . . I can't take the all of the credit for it. 

As it turns out, my lovely mom was out for a bit of exercise when she came across this little gem . . . or it came across her. It practically flew in her face. 



Do you see it yet?




Maybe now? Look very, very close . . .





Luckily, their mom was away when we visited so we got to sneak a peak at these beauties.  I'm sure we're some of few who've had the privilege, considering their smart mommy who hid them away in this teeny crack in the parking lot hear our neighborhood playground. They're just deep enough that a car or bike could drive over them without doing them any hard and so discreet that you wouldn't notice them until you're practically on top of them.


From what I can tell, they look like some kind of sparrow's eggs. They're about the size of the top of my thumb to the first joint, and adorable!


I'll keep an eye on them for you and update when they hatch! Until then,

Love, Bella

2 comments :

Let me know what you think!

All feedback is really appreciated and I try to respond to all comments!